2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-1-8 04:43:59 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
"It's great that we're playing a team that's very, very talented because it gives me a better understanding of our team and where we're at and guys they're going against," Zimmer said. "You always look at different matchups, anyway, whoever we're playing. There will be some good matchups this week that we'll have to contend with."
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. (AP) — Each time he puts on his purple jersey and takes the practice field with the Minnesota Vikings, Adrian Peterson moves further past the lost 2014 season that included a child abuse charge against him.

However, the primary purpose of the trip concerns Zimmer. Facing the Cowboys, a playoff team last season, in the week that keeps the starters on the field the longest of all the exhibition games will be a valuable evaluative tool for Zimmer and his staff.
He still has two-plus weeks to go before he'll suit up for a game.
Plenty of high-profile players have been felled by season-ending injuries this month, reinforcing the decision by the Vikings to keep Peterson safely on the sideline. There have been ruptured Achilles tendons and torn anterior cruciate ligaments, renewing the annual calls to condense the exhibition schedule.
If there's one game this month Peterson would enjoy playing in,Cheap Jerseys From China, it would be Saturday against Dallas. Though he has a home outside of Houston, he grew up in Palestine, about a two-hour drive southeast of AT&T Stadium in Arlington where the Cowboys play. Trips with the Vikings to Texas are always special,Cheap Jerseys, even though he'll be a spectator for the night.
Visiting the Cowboys sparks some nostalgia for Vikings coach Mike Zimmer,Cheap Nike Air Max 90 Mens Trainers, too. He was an assistant for Dallas for 13 years, winning a Super Bowl after the 1995 season. He still has a home in the area and hunts with Stephen Jones, the Cowboys chief operating officer and executive vice president.
Vikings offensive coordinator Norv Turner was on staff in Dallas, and the Cowboys won Super Bowls in two of his three years.
Texas is also where Peterson's felony charge, for badly injuring his 4-year-old son with a wooden switch,Cheap NFL Jerseys, was reduced to a misdemeanor in Montgomery County court outside of Houston. He avoided jail time, but he was kept out for 15 of 16 games last season while the NFL assessed his case and ultimately suspended him.
"Any time you go home, it's a good time. I'm looking forward to some great barbecue down there in Dallas," Peterson said.
"It's just about just doing what's best for myself, the team and the organization,NFL Jerseys China," he said.
"It's not basketball. This is football. Guys are being chopped below their knees and guys are running and colliding into each other going 100 miles per hour. So there's a high level for risk for major injuries,Wholesale MLB Jerseys 2018," Peterson said. "You look at the numbers, and it shows that. I think it's something they need to take into consideration and maybe turn it into three games in the preseason or something."
Peterson likely will take that first handoff from quarterback Teddy Bridgewater on Sept. 14 against the San Francisco 49ers, with 372 days between games for the record-setting running back who missed the last 15 games of the 2014 season while his case played out in court and in the NFL's disciplinary system.
Peterson and the Vikings reported to training camp more than a month ago. The extra exhibition game this year at the Pro Football Hall of Fame and the latest possible Labor Day date has pushed the 2015 season openers into mid-September.
"I've still got tons and tons of people that worked in the building that I'm friends with," Zimmer said.
Peterson, who hasn't appeared in a preseason game since 2011, has been held out of action in August to protect him from injury.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-4-28 15:18 , Processed in 0.078026 second(s), 28 queries .