2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-2-14 08:40:40 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
But what the Redskins (4-11) needed most was any kind of win by any means after six straight losses. That, more than anything, moved Griffin up a notch in the coach's eyes. Griffin's only previous victory as a starter this season came in Week 2 when he left in the first quarter with an injury.
"I'm glad he likes it here, he likes his teammates, and I think everybody has a genuine respect for what he does as a football player and what he's gone through. He's just got to continue to build off his performance, and hopefully against Dallas next week he can finish the season on a high note and have something positive going into next year. But it's good to hear him say that."
Gruden said he didn't regret benching Griffin last month, saying the quarterback needed to "take a step back" and "learn a little bit more."
"You would think a 3-11 football team would just quit and we're not," he said. "So that shows the character that we have, and I don't want to be anywhere else."
"A lot of the talk of me not liking Robert, or Robert not liking me, I think has been a little bit misinterpreted or misunderstood," Gruden said. "Obviously I have a great respect for Robert and what he does, and I'm happy with the way he came out and competed.
After Robert Griffin III got his first real win in more than a year — 27-24 over the Philadelphia Eagles on Saturday — his most meaningful statement reflected a desire to stay right where he is.
It helped that the game remained competitive throughout, allowing Gruden to call more running plays to maintain a balanced offense. Griffin was sacked only twice — a major improvement from recent Redskins games — in part because he wasn't throwing nearly every down in catch-up mode in the second half.
But in an example that shows the magnitude of victory after a long losing spell, all suddenly seems workable between the Washington Redskins coach and quarterback.
Gruden confirmed that Griffin will start the season finale against the Dallas Cowboys, then emphasized the importance of finishing the season strong.
"Winning football games is the only thing that matters to me for a quarterback," Gruden said.
Regaining the starting job after a season-ending neck injury to Colt McCoy, Griffin completed 16 of 23 passes for 220 yards with one interception against the Eagles. He didn't wow anybody,China Jerseys NFL, but he managed the offense well and avoided crippling mistakes.
"You don't want to have a 10-game losing streak going into the offseason — then you're not sure what you're doing is right and there's question marks going in,Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping," Gruden said. "But if you have a couple-of-game winning streak and you see some results from your hard work, then I think people buy in a little bit more,Cheap Stitched Jerseys, the players will listen a little bit more to the coaches,Nike Shox Women Clearance, maybe."
On Sunday, first-year coach Jay Gruden was also knocking down barriers, whether real or perceived. He has been highly critical of Griffin this season,NCAA Football Jerseys, and it's an open question as to whether Griffin is truly the right quarterback for Gruden's offense. But the door is clearly open for the two to work together and succeed in seasons to come.

WASHINGTON (AP) — This Gruden-Griffin thing isn't done yet,Brett Favre Falcons Jersey UK, and it still might not pan out.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-4-27 05:12 , Processed in 0.076743 second(s), 28 queries .