10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-1-2 00:16:49 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Mike Bax of Lithium Magazine recently conducted an interview with MINISTRY mainman Al Jourgensen. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.Lithium Magazine: I find it interesting a MINISTRY album has come out of a jam session centered on making a country album, Al. Al: I know, right? It's kind of ironic, isn't it? But that's kind of the way it happened. Mike Scaccia (MINISTRY's lead guitarist) just kept pestering me and pestering me like, "Dude, these riffs are really cool. We've got to do this; you've got to write some lyrics". So I was like, "Okay!" and my health has gotten better since a couple years ago and I said, "Alright, I'll try it". It came out really well; the album is really good I think. Lithium Magazine: I love "Relapse". I've played it through a few times, and I like the sound of all of it. I genuinely feel like that you're going out on a high point. Al: Yeah, I'm not doing another after this. MINISTRY is a lot different than all the other side projects I do. MINISTRY is very labor intensive (laughs), there's a lot of thinking going on, whereas the other projects,Robert Bortuzzo Jersey, we just get drunk and jam and figure it out later. It's like the BUCK SATAN record is completely mayhem. That's what's great about that; it kind of replaces REVCO for me in the sense of having a party atmosphere for music. Whereas MINISTRY is, like I said, labor intensive and a lot of thinking going and a lot of production, it's just too much,Jamie Benn Jersey, man. I can't sustain that for that long,Jori Lehtera Jersey, but the other projects are just a gas. Lithium Magazine: Good, that's cool. You've mentioned in other interviews that this is definitely the last nail in the coffin for MINISTRY as a band, so I feel pretty fortunate that you're coming back and you made another album. I've been a fan for a while.Al: Well, thank you,Mike Gartner Jersey, and like I said I was roped into this; I didn't want to do it, but you can blame Mike Scaccia for this album. (laughs) He was all over my case, just cracking the whip, getting me to sing vocals and stuff. He really believed in the album and then when I hear the whole thing put together I'm like, "Wow, this is pretty good." But no more man, I'm serious. I know you've heard this from me before but that was for health reasons, this one I'm healthy, I can't do these kinds of intense albums anymore. I'd rather just jam and get drunk with a bunch of hillbillies. Lithium Magazine: Lots of bands that have been in the music industry for thirty years have very little to say musically. They've been there and they've done that, but there are some bands in their triple decades that are pulling together some of their best material. KILLING JOKE, ANTHRAX and certainly MINISTRY's "Relapse" is now on that list as well.Al: Yeah well, I think that to be honest with you,Connor Hellebuyck Team North America Jersey, I think you get better with age; you just get less desire to record with age. It's like you just want this long national nightmare to be over,Mark Scheifele Team North America Jersey, especially if your health is bad. In that sense, I think that you fine-tune, you auto-tune, you know what you're doing. For instance, Relapse is the fastest album I've ever done of any side project or MINISTRY or anything. We did it in three months,Shayne Gostisbehere Team North America Jersey, man. It was really great because you just know what to do. If you've been around the studio like I have, let's see, I think I have a total of thirty-nine albums out including live and greatest hits. You get used to the studio and you get really proficient at what you're doing. Of course, some of these bands release really great stuff later in their careers because they're used to the process. Some people may take it as, "Well, you may be used to the process so it might be the same as the old stuff", but this album certainly isn't. I've spent three albums bashing Bush (former American president George W. Bush) and "Relapse" is like half personal experience and half social commentary. It's more of a different beast, but still a lot of labor intensive work required to do Ministry albums as opposed to the other ones. Lithium Magazine: So much of MINISTRY's material is rooted in negativity and anger, which must take its toll over the years. I would imagine this is a large part of why you're going to pack that band in and move on to the fun stuff.Al: Well, I've got other stuff to do, man. Like I told you,Rene Bourque Jersey, MINISTRY is so labor intensive it's almost not worth it. This one was only because of Mike Scaccia, after that, I'm done; seriously done. It's not a joke, I'm not going to make a comeback later. I don't need the money, I'm done. I want to explore other things; I want to do a jazz soundtrack for the William Burroughs movie that's coming out (The author of "Naked Lunch", whom Jourgensen has collaborated with lyrically). I'm doing a country record and then I'm doing a blues record and then I'm calling it a day. I'm done with industrial. Seriously, my iPod collection at home has NO industrial music on it; it's strictly jazz, blues and country. That's kind of what I'm branching into. Read the entire interview from Lithium Magazine.Making of "Relapse" webisode #2:  Making of "Relapse" webisode #3:  Making of "Relapse" webisode #4:  Making of "Relapse" webisode #5:
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-2 21:08 , Processed in 0.058710 second(s), 26 queries .