2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-4-19 01:32:52 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Manziel completed 9 of 11 passes for 93 yards and two touchdowns, a solid performance for the 2012 Heisman Trophy winner trying to bounce back from a disastrous rookie season followed by a rehab stint and questions about whether he can succeed in the NFL.
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Johnny Manziel's comeback is picking up speed.
Attempting to make Cleveland's roster as a wide receiver, Pryor was back on the field where he starred for the first time since he abandoned Ohio State amid a tattoos-for-memorabilia scandal that led to the firing of coach Jim Tressel and the Buckeyes being sanctioned by the NCAA.
"The thing that jumps out is that he's much less antsy in the pocket," Pettine said. "He sets his feet, which is something you really didn't get to see much, and he's trusting his reads. I thought he placed the ball and thought his location and accuracy was very good tonight."
"I wouldn't make a huge deal about it,cheap nfl jerseys, but it's progress for me,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping," Manziel, his arm wrapped in ice, said afterward. "It's better than I played last year in the scrimmage. A year later, there's a lot of progress. I'm happy about it and happy about stringing some good days together. That's what I wanted to do."
Before the scrimmage, Pryor said he spoke with Ohio State athletic director Gene Smith and met coach Urban Meyer for the first time. Pryor plans to be back, but his short-term goal is to show the Browns he can help them win.
"It's a good step for him because he knows he didn't do the things he wanted to last year and have the type of season he wanted to," Browns Pro Bowl tackle Joe Thomas said. "He had to make amends for the mistakes that he made last year, 50 good things are wiped out by one mistake in this business.
Browns coach Mike Pettine said Manziel is displaying composure that wasn't apparent at any point last year. He's seeing the field better, and delivering the ball on target.
For Pryor, the night was a homecoming to the school he left in disgrace.
Pryor didn't play in the scrimmage because of a hamstring injury, but he was thrilled to return to an iconic stadium where he racked up wins and memories.
Manziel remains behind veteran Josh McCown,Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys, who threw a 10-yard TD pass to wide receiver Brian Hartline on his only series with Cleveland's starting offense. Manziel, who didn't play with the Browns' first stringers,Wholesale Jerseys From China, isn't threatening McCown at this point, but things could get interesting later this summer if the two QBs perform equally.
"It's a blessing for me to come back and be around all of this," Pryor said while signing autographs. "We had a lot of success here. There are a lot of memories out there. I love this place."
"In terms of athleticism and making plays,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, like I've always said, I'm the best on the field when I step on the field," he said. "That's how I see myself."
Manziel completed a 3-yard TD pass to tight end E.J. Bibbs, and an 18-yarder to Josh Lenz on a strong back-shoulder throw.
NOTES: Rookie DL Danny Shelton twice put pressure on Manziel, forcing him out of the pocket, and the 339-pounder hustled down the field to knock WR Marlon Moore out of bounds. "I know he is not the fastest guy, but when he gets there, he packs a punch," Pettine said.  "I was just happy to see Marlon get up from that shot." ... K Travis Coons, who is competing with Carey Spear for the starting job, kicked field goals of 47 and 53 yards. ... Pro Bowl CB Joe Haden was kept out as a precautionary measure and C Alex Mack didn't play as he works his way back from a broken leg suffered last season.
The second-year quarterback showed poise in the pocket and made several nice throws — all against Cleveland's backups — on Friday night as the Browns held an intrasquad scrimmage before 50,000 fans at Ohio Stadium, which also welcomed back former Buckeyes quarterback Terrelle Pryor.

"So he had a long way to go to get back into the good graces with the team, but he's made all the right steps since he stepped back in Berea back in April, and even before that. He's really proved to a lot of people that this is important to him and he is ready to be an NFL starting quarterback."
Manziel has a long way to go, but some of the small steps he's taken are getting longer.
It's early in training camp,NFL Jerseys China, but the Browns are excited about Manziel's growth. He's shown maturity off the field, and he's beginning to earn the respect and confidence of his teammates.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-4-27 11:10 , Processed in 0.078750 second(s), 28 queries .