2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-4-25 08:48:13 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
IRVING, Texas (AP) — Brandon Weeden didn't need Dallas owner Jerry Jones to tell him he's no Drew Brees.
Also the team's general manager, Jones essentially repeated himself on his radio show two days later.
"I remember the people that talked ... never had a picture of themselves," Weeden said. "It was some cartoon or something, and it was always probably a 12-year-old kid who never played quarterback. I'm 32 years old. I don't need a 12-year-old telling me how to play quarterback."
"I don't care what my limitations are or aren't,Wholesale China Jerseys, or what Drew can do or what Tom can do or the next guy can do," Weeden said. "My job is to find a way to get this team to win a game and do our part offensively and get in the end zone and score as many points and give our team a chance to win."
"He has a great demeanor about him,Cheap NBA Jerseys China," Garrett said. "He works hard trying to understand what we are trying to do each week. He's engaged with his teammates. He has handled all aspects of it really, really well."
And the Cowboys quarterback certainly doesn't believe anyone would confuse him with Tom Brady,Wholesale Jerseys.
Weeden isn't showing any strain from the scrutiny of several weeks as the Cowboys' starter — rather than just the one week a year ago in a loss to Arizona when Romo had a back injury.
And he's not worried about his owner calling him "limited."
"I think the last two games when you look at the second half of our game against Atlanta and then you look at really the second half against New Orleans, you've got to include Weeden in the reason why we didn't win the game," Jones said.
Dallas traded for Matt Cassel after Romo's injury, and he's getting closer to taking over the backup role from Kellen Moore, who hasn't played in a regular-season game. Cassel had 71 starts over seven seasons with New England, Kansas City and Minnesota.
Oh,Billy Price Jersey, and for anybody wondering,Wholesale China NFL Jerseys, he quit paying attention to Twitter when he was a rookie with the Browns.
Coach Jason Garrett called Weeden after the trade to tell him the coaching staff was behind him, and Garrett hasn't hinted at any erosion in that support.
His most recent win as a starter was Dec. 9, 2012, against Kansas City in his rookie season with Cleveland, where he spent two seasons after getting drafted in the first round.
Weeden will get at least one more start Sunday against the Patriots (3-0). But the Cowboys have at least four more games following their bye without Romo, who broke his left collarbone in a Week 2 win over Philadelphia.
"If you let that pressure build on you and think about it worrying you, there's no way you can go out and function on Sunday."
"I do a good job of blocking everything out," he said. "Is there pressure that comes with this position? Shoot yeah. It's the most pressure-packed position in all of sports. It's backing up Derek Jeter when he was in New York. That's about as big as it gets.

"I've had my face beat in but I'm there Wednesday ready to go," said Weeden, who has just 23 starts despite turning 32 next week because he spent five years in pro baseball before playing at Oklahoma State.
"You don't have to in any way point the finger and say, 'You don't have Romo; you've got him.' I'm going to have to give it a bigger, 'You don't have Romo.'"
After the Cowboys (2-2) lost to New Orleans on Brees' 400th touchdown pass — an 80-yarder on the second play of overtime — Jones called Weeden "limited" while making a comparison to Brees in his postgame comments,Jerseys NFL Cheap.
Weeden's best moment in three starts for the Cowboys, including one last season, was a tying 17-yard touchdown pass to Terrance Williams in the final 2 minutes.
"Maybe that goes back to baseball, but I have a pretty short memory. I wasn't blessed with much, but I was blessed with a short memory."
The backup filling in for Tony Romo, and now carrying the weight of a personal 10-game losing streak into a game against Brady and Super Bowl champion New England, is comfortable with who and what he is.
But he never got a chance to have the next breakthrough — a victory — because Brees never let Weeden get the ball again.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-4-27 18:24 , Processed in 0.074457 second(s), 26 queries .