2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-5-1 01:09:34 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
But Manziel's time on the field seemed to inspire Hoyer, who completed 15 of 19 passes after his backup came out and handed the Saints (0-2) their fifth consecutive regular-season road loss.
CLEVELAND (AP) — When the Browns explained their plans to Brian Hoyer about bringing rookie Johnny Manziel into the game, Cleveland's starting quarterback bit his lip and devised one of his own.
DREW'S DAY: On a day when he moved into fourth place on the NFL's career passing list, Saints quarterback Drew Brees left unsatisfied.
"From the day he's been here he has really tried to instill in us to play like a Brown, the mental toughness, being smart, accountability,Wholesale China Jerseys," Hoyer said. "Our team has really bought into that."
Showing the poise that helped win him the starting job in the first place, Hoyer completed several clutch passes while driving the Browns 85 yards to set up Billy Cundiff's 29-yard field goal with 3 seconds left,Cheap Jerseys From China, giving Cleveland its first win in a home opener since 2004, a 26-24 victory over the New Orleans Saints on Sunday.
BE LIKE MIKE: Pettine was presented with a game ball by Hoyer and got a handshake from Browns Hall of Fame running back Jim Brown.
The last time the Browns (1-1) were 1-0 at home, Hoyer had just finished high school, his future uncertain.
Hoyer wasn't feeling nearly so excited earlier in the week when offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan informed him that Manziel might play some. Johnny Football came in for three plays, handing off twice and scrambling before throwing a pass dropped by fullback Ray Agnew.
It may have arrived.
After a slow start, Brees went 27 of 40 for 237 yards and threw two TD passes to Jimmy Graham. Brees moved ahead of Hall of Famer John Elway in career yardage, but would have preferred the win.
The Saints were unable to get a stop on Cleveland's final drive, and they helped the Browns with an offside penalty and blown coverage on a key 28-yard pass play.
"Winning the game is great, but when the guys in that room respect you, that's what it's all about and it's a great feeling."
KARLOS' KO: Overshadowed by Hoyer's drive was Browns linebacker Karlos Dansby's sack of Brees late in the fourth, which stopped a Saints drive and took them out of field goal range. It was Dansby's first sack with Cleveland and the 39th of his career.
"It's a long time coming," Hoyer said.
He entered the game with 14:07 left in the third quarter and handed the ball to fellow rookie Isaiah Crowell for a three-yard gain on a read-option play. He returned later for another handoff and incompletion. Browns coach Mike Pettine, who got his first career win, said the Browns had considered using Manziel last week at Pittsburgh.
"When there's only one of you on the field, it's hard for you to get taken off,Cheap Jerseys Online," Hoyer said. "Kyle was up front with me, and said, 'Look,Jerseys NFL China, we may do it. We may not. If we need to use it,nfl jerseys china, we might.' I think that helped me. As mad as I was when he told me, I think it mentally helped me prepare for it."
With the game on the line, he executed it to perfection.
HOLE-Y SAINTS: For the second week in a row, New Orleans defense didn't get the job done in crunch time.
Pettine is trying to change the culture in Cleveland and this was a big step,Jerseys NFL Cheap.

JOHNNY PACKAGE: Manziel's debut was brief and rather ordinary.
"It's great to get a win," said Hoyer, who finished 24 of 40 for 204 yards and a touchdown. "The biggest thing for me is to win a game like that.  We won one like that in my first start against Minnesota last year and you see the guys when you get back to the sideline really believing in you.  That's the best feeling there is.
Here are some other things we learned during Cleveland's win:
Hoyer went 8 of 11 for 78 yards on the final drive, converting twice on third down and threading a 10-yard pass over the middle to tight end Gary Barnidge on fourth down — the kind of play that can help convince skeptical fans and earn the trust of teammates.
If that wasn't bad enough coach Sean Payton and defensive coordinator Rob Ryan had a heated exchange on the sideline in the fourth quarter. Payton shrugged it off as something that happens in "every game" but at 0-2, the Saints are feeling some pressure.
"We're one play away in each of these games from being 2-0 instead of 0-2," he said.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-4-29 22:04 , Processed in 0.108357 second(s), 28 queries .