2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-5-25 02:17:06 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
A day after he was benched by coach Mike Pettine in the fourth quarter of a loss at Buffalo, Hoyer said Monday that he hasn't lost any of his confidence despite three straight poor performances and believes he should keep his job over rookie Johnny Manziel.
For the first time since September, he walked away not knowing if he'll be doing it again next week. Hoyer, though,China Jerseys, isn't worried about anything other than getting ready for the Colts.
"Give the guy credit. He's got a lot of things he's battling," Greco said. "He feels like he's the guy and we do, too, and it's his job. And he's been our leader all year, but decisions are out of our hands, and we're going to roll with it no matter what they choose."
"You don't get to 7-5 in the NFL just lucking into it," Hoyer said. "It's been a lot of hard work, and I think I've proven that I've gotten us to this point. I feel like I can carry us through the next four games."

The Browns aren't as certain.
Pettine acknowledged the Browns discussed making a move at quarterback following a 23-7 loss to Houston on Nov. 16. Hoyer threw a franchise-record 30 incompletions that day while being harassed by J.J. Watt and the Texans' defensive front.
For Hoyer, there's a bottom line, too. He's helped get the Browns, who had lost at least 11 games in each of the past six seasons, back in the playoff hunt. No, he doesn't run like Manziel or have as strong an arm,Wholesale China Jerseys, but he's won and that should mean something.
Up until his recent slide,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, Hoyer had earned the trust of Pettine and his teammates. He hasn't completely lost it, and Cleveland's issues are not specific to the quarterback position. Hoyer has spent the season trying to hold off the immensely popular Manziel, whom the Browns drafted in the first round to be their future quarterback.
BEREA, Ohio (AP) — Quarterback Brian Hoyer is positive he should be the starter for the rest of this season. He should be the one leading his team to the playoffs. He's convinced.
He's the starter,Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping, and that's the starter's duty.
Hoyer was replaced by Manziel in the fourth quarter of Sunday's 26-10 loss to Buffalo after throwing two interceptions, continuing a pattern of bad games over the past month.
Pettine has not yet decided who will start this week against Indianapolis. He'll meet with his staff — and general manager Ray Farmer — on Tuesday and intends to inform Hoyer and Manziel of his decision Wednesday. Pettine said he's not leaning in either direction, and insists the choice comes down to one standard.
"I'm studying my tape on Indy, and I would do the same if I wasn't," he said. "That's just the way I've always prepared. For me, nothing's changed. I go about my business the way I handle it every week, and that's his right. He's the head coach. He gets to make those decisions."
NOTES: Browns WR Miles Austin remains hospitalized in the Buffalo area with a kidney injury sustained Sunday. Pettine doesn't know when Austin, who had seven catches for 86 yards, got hurt. ...  Pettine said the team is waiting for the rib injury to TE Gary Barnidge to "quiet down" before it's known how long he'll be out. Pettine was drilled in the side by the helmet of a Bills defender after making a catch in the first quarter.
"I've said it a million times," he said. "Who gives us the best chance to win this weekend?' Period."
Hoyer may have finally lost the fight.
"I don't know where I want to go, and it's certainly important,Jerseys NFL Cheap," he said. "We'll spend a lot of time on it. I'll lean on the people I trust to help make it."
"We're 7-5 here," he said. "We won three games last year here when I started, so 10-5 as a starting quarterback, that's not bad."
As Hoyer has done all season — after a win or loss — he was at his locker Monday to discuss the previous day's game.
Browns right guard John Greco appreciates what Hoyer has been up against.
"For us involving the playoffs, we have to win and that's the bottom line," Pettine said. "It's not like anything beyond that would influence the decision. It's 'Who gives us the best chance to win this weekend?" It's that simple. It makes it easy when you look at it like that and shut out everything else."
In his first season as an NFL head coach, Pettine hasn't been faced with a tougher decision than the one he's about to make. He's conflicted.
In his past three games, Hoyer has thrown just one touchdown pass,Cheap China Jerseys Authentic, six interceptions and the Browns have scored just 36 points.
The Browns (7-5) remain in the thick of the AFC playoff race, but Pettine said Cleveland's postseason hopes won't affect whether he sticks with Hoyer or switches to Manziel, who came in and sparked a "stagnant" offense on Sunday.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-4-27 07:04 , Processed in 0.049454 second(s), 26 queries .