4萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-6-20 01:21:07 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
– angers relatives Relatives of Urlene Morgan, 20, the market vendor who was accidentally shot by an off duty police officer on Thursday, are baffled about the decision by the Georgetown Public Hospital to discharge her only after one day at the institution.According to relatives, Morgan was told that she should be on two weeks’ bed rest. The woman’s aunt, Donna Morgan, yesterday told Kaieteur News that she was surprised to hear that the hospital had discharged her niece.She said that the doctors told the pregnant mother that she should return if she gets any pains about the body and also if she starts bleeding.“Why should she wait until something develops? Why can’t they keep her a little longer just to make sure everything is fine with her?” the aunt queried.Kaieteur News also managed to contact the pregnant mother, who said that she was still in severe pain. “I get shoot so I still feeling de pain in meh back; I can’t get to sleep properly” the woman said.She said that she is seeking to get legal advice.“I am getting a lawyer because I would like to know how I stand legally”. She said that she deserves some sort of compensation because she could have lost her life or she could have miscarried.Morgan further stated that she is getting normal fetal movements, which brings some relief. She was also given medication and told to relax until she feels better.The woman further told Kaieteur News that she now has to be forced to take private medical attention to ascertain everything is fine with her.This newspaper understands that Senior Police Officers, including Divisional Commander Assistant Commissioner, George Vyphuis, and Force Welfare Officer Assistant Superintendent, Ann Thompson, visited Morgan while she was a patient at the institution.Urlene Morgan, of 64 Company Road,Authentic Adidas Hockey Jerseys China, Buxton, who is five months pregnant with what would be her first child was rushed to hospital on Thursday after she was shot in the back by an off duty police rank.According to eyewitnesses, the off duty police officer was trying to apprehend a bandit who had just snatched a cell phone from a female student when he accidentally shot the woman. The bandit who was riding a bicycle managed to escape in the crowd. He was however arrested.The woman’s mother, Yvette Morgan, who is also a vendor at the market, had said that her daughter was unpacking her goods when the incident occurred.The woman said shortly after she heard a gunshot and ran for cover in a nearby store.Morgan said she only became aware that her daughter was shot after she started shouting for help.The Police Officer and Morgan’s mother quickly summoned a taxi which transported the injured woman to the hospital.Some vendors had told this newspaper that the officer who is involved in the shooting is the only police officer who would take on the bandits who rob unsuspecting people in the Stabroek Market.Other vendors said that the officer should feel the full brunt of the law because he was too careless and could cause Morgan to lose her child or her life. A police release said that the rank was trying to arrest a bandit who had just snatched a cell phone. The release further stated that the policeman pursued and confronted the suspect in Water Street.It was alleged that the suspect pulled out a knife and attacked the rank, which caused the rank to resort to the use of force and he discharged a round from his service firearm at his attacker’s foot which hit the ground and ricocheted, accidentally hitting Morgan.(Latoya Giles)
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-4-26 09:39 , Processed in 0.073705 second(s), 26 queries .