10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-6-20 04:59:20 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
The controversial Legal Practitioner’s (Amendment) Bill 2009 was deferred to another date in order to facilitate ongoing consultations. This move was requested by Attorney General Charles Ramson in Parliament on Thursday and was subsequently granted by Speaker of the National Assembly,Cheap Stitched Jerseys, Ralph Ramkarran.However,Air Max 90 Black And White Leather, some lawyers are still up in arms about the Bill, which they say will put a stronghold on the legal profession of Guyana.Attorney at Law and PNCR Executive Member, Basil Williams,Cheap Air Force 1, at the party’s weekly press conference on Thursday, noted that while lawyers are in agreement with the code of conduct for lawyers stipulated in the Bill, it also includes a provision which is repressive, where one person was identified to regulate whether a lawyer in Guyana could practise or not.According to Williams,Cheap Hockey Jerseys 2019, the Tax Act has adequate remedies and procedures to deal with persons who do not pay their right amount of taxes.“It (the Bill) has no place in telling lawyers they can’t practise unless they have a practice certificate. So it’s not about lawyers paying taxes. It’s about a repressive instrument where the government could politicise that requirement to target lawyers, especially lawyers who have the courage and who have been in the forefront of confronting the excesses and lawlessness of this government,” Williams told the media.He added that the Bill will directly impact the independence of lawyers in Guyana.Of concern to the PNC/R is the fact that members of the legal profession were not given a copy of the Bill and therefore, they have not been able to make their views known or their voices heard.Additionally, the party claimed that there was not enough consultation with the members of the legal profession for the far-reaching changes to the existing Legal Practitioners’ Act.The proposed legislation has a provision which dictate that an Attorney-at-Law cannot practise his/her profession without first obtaining a Tax Practice Certificate from the Commissioner General of the Guyana Revenue Authority.“A Tax Practice Certificate is a requirement under section 39 of the Tax Act. Non compliance with this requirement has its own regime of penalties under the Income Tax Act. However,Nike Air Max 2018 Release, the present Bill would effectively deny an Attorney-at-Law the right to practise his/her profession in the absence of this Certificate.This is not only tantamount to double jeopardy, but infringes a person’s constitutional right to work,Undefeated Air Max 97 Australia,” the PNC/R noted.
回復

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

論壇元老

積分
沙發
發表於 2018-7-1 15:03:21 | 只看該作者

Brett Favre Falcons Jersey UK

Thomas' season could be encapsulated by one play in the season finale against St. Louis. With the Seahawks holding a 14-point lead in the fourth quarter, Rams quarterback Shaun Hill threw in the flat to running back Benny Cunningham at the 6-yard line. Cunningham was briefly slowed by Byron Maxwell at the 2, allowing time for Thomas to come from 10 yards away and get in on the tackle. But instead of just trying to stop the runner short of the goal line, Thomas chopped at Cunningham's arm. The move knocked the ball free from Cunningham and out of the end zone for a touchback.

"He has been more consistent than he has ever been. He's been at his best," Seattle coach Pete Carroll said. "As it happens you know, when you gain the notoriety and the respect is demonstrated by the fact the ball doesn't go your way,World Cup Jerseys 2018, he doesn't see much but that's a big, big plus for us. That means that post routes and seam routes don't happen again. That's huge because that's how people score the most in the league with the throwing game. So he's been a huge factor."
As a whole, Seattle's secondary has lacked some of the flash that made it stand out during last season's title run. There has been less opportunity for Thomas, Richard Sherman and the rest of Seattle's defensive backs to be in the spotlight because teams were less willing to take chances throwing against them. The Seahawks led the NFL with 28 interceptions last season. This season,Brian Gionta Jersey, that number plummeted to just 13.
RENTON,NBA Jerseys Store, Wash. (AP) — The interceptions are down for Earl Thomas. Same for the number of passes Thomas broke up this season and the free safety's total tackles.
But when asked to describe that play on Thursday, Thomas gave a collective shrug. He didn't see anything special about his third forced fumble of the season.
"I think that play just represents all the tackles that I make. They kind of look like that but people don't see it. But I guess that was something that everyone had to pay attention to,Cheap Nike Shox," Thomas said. "I knew what was coming. I had a good feel, I was in a rhythm and I was just mirroring the QB. Once I get in a mirror like that I'm in sync and it's hard to stop what I'm trying to do."
What remains the same is a presence that makes it difficult to challenge the Seahawks deep down the middle of the field.
But a core element of Seattle's defense is not giving up big plays and much of that can be attributed to Thomas. The Seahawks gave up just 32 completions of 20 or more yards this season,Nike Air Max 90 Black Women, the fewest in the NFL. They also led the league in fewest runs of 10 or more yards allowed. While fellow safety Kam Chancellor gets attention for his run support, Thomas is often the one cleaning up any ball carriers that slip through.
"I thought it was the biggest play of the game," defensive end Michael Bennett said. "That was one of those plays, most people would just let a guy run into the end zone and just say, 'We're already in the playoffs,Alex Iwobi Arsenal Jersey UK, we don't need to do that. This play doesn't even matter.' But the mindset Earl has every weekend is intensity and his approach to the game is second to none. For him to make that strip was just amazing."
The forced fumble kept Seattle's streak intact of not giving up any fourth-quarter points in the final six games. And it drew raves from his teammates.
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-4-27 00:27 , Processed in 0.081855 second(s), 28 queries .