9萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-6-21 17:34:59 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
“Where’s my mommy?” – Akila’s daughterRelatives struggle to come to grips with death of loved onesFighting to hold back tears in dealing with the death of her youngest daughter, Sandra Austin says that she still cannot believe that ‘her baby,’ Akila Jacobs, is dead.During a visit to the family’s residence at Lot 1580 Aubrey Barker Road, South Ruimveldt Park yesterday, family members gathered to comfort each other as they struggled to come to grips with the young woman’s sudden and untimely death.The 23-year-old mother of two-year-old Akeriah Hinds lost her life on Saturday evening when the mini bus she was travelling in collided with the back of a truck at Ameila’s Ward, Linden.Austin, who is a police officer attached to the Brickdam Police Station, told Kaieteur News that she was on the West Coast of Berbice when she received a telephone call from her daughter’s friend informing her that Akila was involved in an accident and that she was in a critical condition. Austin said that she immediately started to travel to Georgetown, only to learn that Akila was dead.The grieving mother noted that last Friday was the last time she saw and spoke with Akila.“The sad thing about it is that I was at work. I had dialled Akila’s number and told her that I wanted to speak to her. I saw her on Friday and we had a good talk. That was the last time I saw my baby,” the distressed mother said.The grieving Tappin family. From left are Terrence TappinAccording to Austin, Akila told her that she had to go to Linden on Saturday for a GT&T assignment, but she never believed that it would have resulted in her death.Akila’s two-year-old daughter does not know that her mother is dead, since the relatives opted not to tell her, so the child keeps calling out for her mother.She keeps saying: “I want my mommy,” the relatives related.During the course of the visit at the family’s home yesterday, Kaieteur News observed that the little girl was quiet most of the time, as she kept clinging on to her aunt, Malika.Akila is described by most of her media colleagues as a very pleasant person, who always had a smile on her face.Her first job in the media fraternity was  at Kaieteur News, almost five years ago; after which she moved to News Two,Adidas Shoes On Sale Clearance, then the Evening News, and then the NCN 6’O Clock News.A post mortem examination is expected to be performed on Akila’s body today,Cheap Hockey Jerseys 2019, after which family members will decide on a funeral date.Akila Jacobs leaves to mourn her parents, her only sister, Malika, and her two-year-old daughter.Meanwhile, relatives of 60-year-old   Terrence Tappin, of 42 East La Penitence, Georgetown, who was the driver of the bus and who also died, are adamant that he is not the cause of Saturday night’s accident which claimed the life of Akila Jacobs.According to the man’s wife, Desiree Sobers,Air Max Zero Be True, she last heard from him at about 18:00 hrs on Saturday evening while he was on his way to Georgetown.She further told this newspaper that her husband was reluctant to go on the trip. “It was almost as if he had a premonition. He usually doesn’t have a problem with going out of town, but when the Guyana Telephone and Telegraph Company (GT&T) called him on Friday night and told him about the trip, surprisingly he was unenthusiastic.”Tappin’s wife said that the company was persistent, and her husband finally agreed to go on the ill-fated trip, which has claimed his life.“I told him if he didn’t feel like going he should stay and follow his mind, not knowing that would have been his last trip.”Sobers said that despite reports that her husband was “driving fast,” she is positive that he was not.The woman stressed that if he was speeding, persons in the bus would have told him to slow down.Similar sentiments were expressed by the man’s sister, Penelope Sutton, and another cousin who works at the telephone company.Both noted that he was never a fast driver. They said that the truck reportedly had one light at the back and he probably had mistaken it for a motorcycle.His sister posited that her brother was never a reckless driver, and she believes that when he realised that the vehicle ahead of him wasn’t a motorcycle, he lost control of the bus.His wife said that she now feels a “little better,” since she saw her husband’s body at Lyken’s Funeral Home yesterday.She said her husband received massive head injuries, evidenced by cuts to his head, and his right foot was crushed. She said from the injuries he sustained, there was no way that her husband could have survived the accident.Relatives of the deceased are calling for the truck driver to be charged. “Most naturally,2018 World Cup Russia Jerseys, he should be charged,” Sobers noted, adding that it was due to the missing lights on the truck that the accident occurred.The man leaves to mourn his wife and seven children, three of whom reside in the USA, as well as six grandchildren.Meanwhile, all of the survivors of the accident are still hospitalized at the Georgetown Public Hospital Corporation (GPHC), recovering from a number of injuries they sustained.NCN camera operator June Ann Amsterdam was transferred from the Mackenzie Hospital to the GPHC yesterday.She sustained injuries to her ribs, along with lacerations to her right arm and a gash over her right eye.She told Kaieteur News that she cannot walk and is feeling pain all over her body.Amsterdam said that she was sitting in the third seat of the minibus,Cheap Nike Air Max 97 Shoes, and does not know how the accident occurred.Following the accident, she said, she came out of the bus and was totally unaware that she was injured, until she saw the huge gash on her right arm, which was bleeding profusely.NCN cameraman Nizam Mohammed also remains in a stable condition at the GPHC, nursing wounds to his head and a broken arm,Cheap Air Max Shoes With Free Shipping, along with employee of GT&T Kenneth Whyte, who is suffering from head injuries and a broken right leg.Guyana Times reporter Ravina Gildarie is also hospitalized in the High Dependency Unit (HDU) of the hospital.
回復

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
沙發
發表於 2018-6-23 19:39:20 | 只看該作者

Wholesale Stitched Jerseys

They've reached the playoffs each of the past four years and lost in the first round all four times, so that's the lens they use to view that 8-0 record.
"We've got enough guys hungry and at a place in their career where nobody's relaxing," Whitworth said.
The Bengals (8-0) had a weekend free after they beat Cleveland 31-10 on Thursday night.
After that game, the Bengals go to Arizona (6-2) for a Sunday night game, their third straight in prime time.
The Bengals haven't done that since the 1990 season, the sixth-longest stretch of postseason futility in NFL history.
Notes: Iloka has appealed his $23,152 fine for a helmet-to-helmet hit on Pittsburgh's Heath Miller during the Bengals' 16-10 win at Heinz Field on Nov. 1. Iloka said he didn't target the tight end after he made a catch. "I thought it was a clean hit,Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping," the safety said. "I didn't leave my feet. I made contact with my shoulder to his shoulder. In football, your head will hit just because of momentum."
The Bengals have been particularly fortunate in terms of injuries. The only key player missing for an extended time was middle linebacker Vontaze Burfict, who sat out the first six games while recovering from offseason knee surgery. He's played in the past two.
"As it extends, it's only going to get harder,Cheap NFL Jerseys," left tackle Andrew Whitworth said. "You've just got to continue to be what got you there."
Sure, they're in position to get home-field advantage for the start of the playoffs, but nobody in these parts cares about it until they get there and win one.

Roughly half the starters are in contract years, so it's the last time this collection will be together regardless of what happens. That seems to have contributed to the Bengals' success, providing a sense that this is a last chance for some of them to win a playoff game in Cincinnati.
When Denver lost at Indianapolis on Sunday,Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys, Cincinnati and New England were the only two AFC teams left with perfect records.
Shrug.
History is on their side.
Everybody else is, though.
"It gets talked about every week by the media,Wholesale Jerseys Online," safety George Iloka said on Monday. "Me personally, I couldn't care less about being undefeated in the regular season. What's 16-0 if you go 0-1 when it matters? See what I'm saying?"
And the deeper they get into the season undefeated, the more they're going to get the spotlight and the pressure.
CINCINNATI (AP) — The Bengals spent their Sunday off watching other NFL games on television and enjoying a rare, free weekend. One thing they spent no time on: the standings.
The best start in franchise history is nice, but it's overshadowed by the only thing that really matters for this Cincinnati team: Finally winning a game in the playoffs.
The Bengals,Cheap Adidas NHL Jerseys, the Patriots and the Panthers in the NFC are still undefeated, the most teams to go 8-0 in NFL history. During the Super Bowl era, 21 teams have opened the season 8-0. All of those teams made the playoffs, 12 of them reached the Super Bowl and eight of them won it.
They'll be trying to become only the 29th team in NFL history to start 9-0 when they host Houston (3-5) on Monday night. The Texans have knocked them out of the playoffs twice in the past four years,Wholesale NFL China Jerseys.
So, how far can this go? How deep in the season can the AFC North leaders get before losing a game?
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
板凳
發表於 2018-6-28 04:15:16 | 只看該作者

Chase Edmonds Jersey

Notes: WR Emmanuel Sanders (strained right thigh) and CB Tony Carter (groin pull) were among the new names on the Broncos post-practice injury update.
"I've seen great growth," Fox said. "I think he's been a different guy in those meeting rooms. I think with a full offseason this year and him attacking it the way he did you're starting to see the benefits of that here on the field."
Ball's strong second half helped the Broncos decide to let Moreno leave in free agency. Moreno signed with Miami.
"I'm not into predicting the future, but he's really grown a lot as far as his understanding of the offense and execution of all parts of his job,Marlon Humphrey Jersey," Fox said. "Knowing what kind of guy he is, he'll work at it and mentally he'll stay on top of his game and then when he comes back physically, we'll wait until he's ready."
At 5-foot-8 and 224 pounds, Anderson is squatter and thicker than Hillman (5-10, 195) and shows great leverage on blitz pickup like he did in Saturday's scrimmage when his block of linebacker Nate Irving allowed backup quarterback Brock Osweiler to escape.
Running backs coach Eric Studesville was equally effusive in his praise for Hillman.
Ball, who set an NCAA record with 83 touchdowns at Wisconsin, assumed the No. 1 running back job this offseason. He was Knowshon Moreno's backup last year and ran for 559 yards and four touchdowns in 2013.
The Broncos have little doubt that Ball will be able to resume his role as the Broncos' lead back upon his return,Cheap Atlanta Falcons Jerseys.
Anderson also has turned heads during camp after trimming down following a sluggish minicamp and OTAs. Asked what was different about him from a year ago, he said, "I know the playbook now and that makes me play faster."
Coach John Fox said Ball started feeling sick Sunday during the Broncos' day off "and of course came in today, again, not feeling very good." Fox said the good news was that the organ didn't burst "so it was really a blessing that we caught it now."
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) — Denver Broncos starting running back Montee Ball is sidelined with appendicitis and isn't expected back until the AFC champs' opener against Indianapolis on Sept. 7.

"Luckily it's early in camp and it'll give him a chance to come back," Hillman said.
"No matter if it's me or Ronnie in the game, with 18 we don't miss a beat," Anderson said. "So, we're going to keep this thing going."
Although many see him as more of a change-of-pace back than a workhorse like Ball or even Anderson, Hillman's renewed focus on football during the offseason has made an impression.
"I love what Ronnie has done," Studesville said last week. "From when we started this spring in April forward,Brent Seabrook Jersey, he has been unbelievable. He's a completely different guy in the best possible way and I'm just excited about what he's doing, how he's approaching it, how he's making plays on the field. It's been great. It's been there the whole time, but we're finally seeing the maximum side of it."
Ball's absence means Hillman, Anderson and a host of undrafted free agents, led by Duke's Juwan Thompson, will get more carries in their quest for a roster spot.
This ability could get him significant preseason snaps with Peyton Manning.
Ronnie Hillman and C.J. Anderson shared snaps with the first-string offense at practice Monday and are expected to get the bulk of the work in Ball's absence this month.
None of the Broncos' running backs have ever started an NFL game,Cheap Anaheim Ducks Hoodies, although Hillman has the most experience with 25 career appearances despite getting benched over the last half of last season.
"You hate to see anything happen to a player,Jeff Green Jersey, whether it's an illness or an injury on the field, but sometimes when a door shuts, another door opens," Fox said. "So, it'll give us a chance to get those young backs in there and hopefully they can grow and progress."
Hillman said it's basically just an attitude adjustment, and "we're about to see how well it's paying off."
"I appreciate the get well wishes everyone! I will be ok and come back stronger than ever,Chile Jersey!!" Ball tweeted Monday shortly before he was scheduled for his appendectomy at a Denver hospital.
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-4-27 00:31 , Processed in 0.077929 second(s), 29 queries .