4萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-6-29 04:39:43 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
– After over two decades in power, this is a problem for which they are completely responsible – AFCIs Guyana seriously heading into the New Year with a crisis on its hands? This is what the political opposition has been asking as they reflect upon the state of unemployment among youths. This issue in particular, is believed by the Opposition to be given little to no attention.Joseph Harmon, APNU’s Shadow Minister of Public Works and TelecommunicationsYouth unemployment is a topic that has been highly debated and spoken on extensively by many leaders from both sides of the political spectrum. Even regional bodies have given their take on this earlier this year.One member of the Opposition even stated that it’s not rocket science. “Almost everybody knows that there are many University graduates chasing too few jobs in Guyana.”And while most have considered this notion, many of our political leaders, particularly from the Opposition, are of the firm belief that nothing much has been done to truly empower the younger generation,Boston Celtics Jerseys, most of which have been  forced for some time to look for the proverbial greener pastures for a job that provides for a good standard of living.Members of the opposition have expressed how disappointed and bitterly aggrieved they are with the government’s behaviour towards this issue especially since they have often claimed to have the interest of the younger generation at heart.Particularly speaking to the issue was Mr. Dominic Gaskin, Treasurer of the Alliance For Change (AFC).He said,Cheap Atlanta Braves Hoodies, “The issue of youth unemployment has indeed been festering for some time now and the root causes have not been addressed. The problem is two-fold. It is the lack of job opportunities for young people as a result of a failure to diversify our economy in a way that would create more jobs capable of accommodating a wider variety of skills and talents and secondly; the failure of our education system to adequately prepare young Guyanese to transition from school or university into a modern workforce. Neither of these phenomena will disappear without the proper implementation of long-term policies designed to involve new generations in the development of Guyana.”He added, “Unfortunately there is no reliable and current data to accurately inform us on the levels of youth unemployment in Guyana, and on the changes that have taken place over the years. The PPP-C Government which has been in power for over two decades seems unwilling to either utilize or disseminate any statistical information on this problem.Dominic Gaskin,AFC’S Treasurer“After over two decades in power, this is a problem for which they are completely responsible.”The Ministry of Labour recently disclosed that it would not be able to speak on the level of unemployment in Guyana.Minister of Labour, Dr. Nanda Gopaul, also declared that this figure will be known when the Bureau of Statistics completes compiling the data from the 2012 census.The Minister had also said that persons applying to the University should follow programmes in Information Technology,Bradley Chubb Jersey, Mathematics and Natural Sciences as this is where jobs are available.However, after placing this comment to several students of the University of Guyana, they said that this puts a strain on them to move from studying what  they would love to build a career on and study a course because “that is where the jobs are.”Randolph Critchlow a student of the University of Guyana said,Authentic Arizona Cardinals Jersey, “I think I can understand the divide where my other peers are concerned. I too was going with that tide. Currently I am studying International Relations at the University because I want to pursue a career in the Foreign Service. But prior to this,Anders Nilsson Jersey, I was doing a degree in English and I started teaching because nothing else was coming my way.“It was never my desire to teach but the job opportunity was there and I took it. After I got trained at the Cyril Potter College of Education (CPCE) and I started working, the salary discouraged me from even going after a Degree in Education. The teacher’s salary, in comparison to that of the Caribbean is a total disrespect.  I decided that I am just going to stick it out with my trials in my area and pursue my passion. I like diplomacy and that is where I want to be.”Clinton Duncan who also attends the University is pursuing a career in Law. Even he expressed his fears about the rate of unemployment.Randolph Critchlow, University StudentHe said, “It is definitely a scare because hundreds of students are graduating every year and not enough jobs are popping up…ersons I know with more qualifications than I have right now can’t find jobs so with this in mind it makes me wonder about my future here in Guyana.“Most people see it as sensible to become an entrepreneur considering the terrible state of this economy. Private practice may have to be my option after I complete my studies. After spending so much money on your studies it is clear that there is no guarantee in this economy that you can make that back.”A Partnership for National Unity’s (APNU),Blake Swihart Jersey, Joseph Harmon, who is also the Shadow Minister of Public Works and Telecommunications also weighed in on the issue.Harmon said, “This is an issue that has been with us for some time and it has been rising. Apart from the obvious fact that there are few jobs, there are two sides to the coin which we must address, the ones that have the academic papers but lack the technical skills and the ones that are unemployable (not having the necessary credentials for a job ; unskilled labour).We seriously need to look at the way we are training our people. Because some are even being trained for jobs that don’t exist. We also need to zero in on the educational system and how it is preparing our youths to be able to fulfill the technically requirements of certain fields such as the extractive mineral sector.”SolutionsAccording to Gaskin,Nike Atlanta Hawks Authentic Jerseys, the AFC believes that the first steps to addressing the issue would be to get an accurate assessment of the extent of the problem so that both long-term and short-term solutions can be developed and specific areas prioritized.“This is not a problem that can be fixed in 2014 or in 2015, however, the sooner we begin to implement solutions the sooner we can reap their results.”Harmon on the other hand says, “We need to stop importing people to do jobs in Guyana and train our own. We need to put a greater focus on our young people. When some of these construction sites are examined, we notice that even for the unskilled labour we have people who have been imported for it. It is simply ridiculous.“We also need to focus on remedial programmes for those who fall into the category of the unemployable. But the correction of this aspect must first start with our policy makers. They need to include in these contract agreements, some arrangement for our Guyanese people this may not solve the entire issue of unemployment but it would certainly help because something is simply wrong with this matrix.
回復

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
沙發
發表於 2018-7-3 20:20:46 | 只看該作者

Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys

Another positive — no turnovers. Also, it was an extended chance for Fitzpatrick to work with the first-team offense and establish chemistry, acquiring the starting job after Geno Smith had his jaw broken by a teammate in the locker room.
There were two three-and-outs, and another drive that stalled after a 13-yard catch on first down by Brandon Marshall. The starters finished up with a 33-yard touchdown run by Chris Ivory and a 2-point conversion pass from Fitzpatrick to Marshall.
"I feel like,Cheap NFL Jerseys, personally, I missed a few plays in my reads," Fitzpatrick said. "There's a lot of things I think I can learn from and get better from with my performance. We'll look at the film. Against a team like that, the penalties are going to kill you, too. There's definitely some room to grow after that performance, but it was nice to get the touchdown at the end."
The starters weren't sharp early and the Jets were called for an eye-popping 17 total penalties — including 10 in the first half — in a 30-22 preseason victory over the Atlanta Falcons on Friday night.
Linebacker Quinton Coples was in single coverage on fullback Collin Mooney, who caught a short pass from Ryan and rumbled to a 60-yard gain on the Falcons' second play from scrimmage. That led to a 4-yard TD run by Terron Ward following a holding call on cornerback Darrelle Revis.
"We've got to clean that up,Wholesale MLB Jerseys."
"You aren't going to win ballgames having 17 penalties," coach Todd Bowles said after the game. "The effort was great, penalties were terrible. That was way more than I imagined. We got better in some areas. We got worse there.

NEW YORK (AP) — Two preseason games in, and the New York Jets are truly a work-in-progress.
Rookie Leonard Williams jumpstarted the Jets with a safety of T.J. Yates, and Jamari Lattimore short-circuited a Falcons drive with an interception that followed three consecutive penalties called on the Jets. Rontez Miles scooped up a botched handoff by Sean Renfree and returned it 57 yards for a touchdown. With Atlanta trying to drive late for a potential tying score in the final moments, Joe Mays forced a fumble that was recovered by Deon Simon, sealing the win for New York.
"As far as him throwing to the wide receivers, I definitely think that it was a great start for us," Marshall said, "but we definitely left a lot of meat on the bones."
Same goes for a few other areas. Ryan Fitzpatrick played six series, leading the Jets to one touchdown drive against the Falcons' backup defense. The veteran quarterback was 13 of 19 for 118 yards, respectable numbers, but the offense was sluggish at times,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping, particularly early.
Despite the slow start, the defense buckled down in the first half — albeit against the Falcons' backup — and forced two three-and-outs.
After a three-and-out by the Jets, Devin Hester took Ryan Quigley's punt 59 yards before Bilal Powell's TD-saving tackle at the 4. But, three plays later, Ryan found Leonard Hankerson all alone in the end zone after a busted coverage.
On offense. Defense, too. And,Wholesale Jerseys, special teams.
The Jets' defense, expected to be the team's strength, had some communication issues during its two quarters. Matt Ryan and the Falcons' starters had a quick and efficient night, scoring two touchdowns less than 10 minutes in.
The backups held their own for the Jets, with rookie Bryce Petty rebounding from a shaky NFL debut last week. The fourth-round pick out of Baylor went 12 of 19 for 168 yards, including a 13-yard TD to DeVier Posey.
"I think last week, I had no idea what to expect as far as the game goes,Wholesale China Jerseys, as far as myself personally and emotionally, how it would roll," said Petty, who was 10 of 18 for 50 yards last week at Detroit. "I felt like coming in to this week,NFL Jerseys China, I would have a better understanding of how things went down and how things worked. I felt a lot more comfortable out there."
"We have to progress next week," Bowles said. "Hopefully, the penalties go down next week. We're going to work our butts off on it and go from there."
"We're close," defensive lineman Sheldon Richardson said. "A few plays kind of busted up open on the 1s. The 2s played pretty decent, stayed pretty stout. We're not too far off."
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-4-26 20:32 , Processed in 0.077717 second(s), 26 queries .