積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-9-20 23:28:51 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
,Cheap Jerseys From China
"I knew had the talent to be drafted and be a contender (to make the roster) here," Foster said. "I just felt like: 'Let me go out here and prove to these coaches, to the league, and this organization that I'm here to play.'"
"He's playing exceptionally well," Payton said. "When you get a player who comes in a rookie class as an undrafted free agent and is playing like he is and well enough to make the team, that's a good deal.
"He is very consistent, explosive," Payton continued. "He was a player, after the draft,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, that a handful of teams were interested in and fortunately for us we were able to get him."
For now,Cheap NFL Jerseys, Foster has acquired the "training camp hero" label, applied to relative unknowns whose preseason performances create a buzz.
Payton said he was told that Foster had all but committed to Kansas City, but the coach hoped he could change Foster's mind, adding that he spoke to Foster "three or four times" in the course of an hour.
Notes: Payton said that he doubts WR Marques Colston, who has practiced intermittently recently,Wholesale Jerseys China, would play at Houston, though he would not rule it out entirely. ... Payton said he expects most starters and regulars to play at least through the first half against Houston. ... OLB Junior Galette attended practice but did not participate in football drills, instead working on his conditioning off to the side. ... FB Jed Collins did not attend practice. Payton has not specified whether Collins has an injury, saying only Thursday that he was being "rested." ... Payton said LB Chris Chamberlain has been excused for family reasons and is expected back Monday.
Foster has two preseason games left to continue proving himself, starting with Sunday's exhibition in Houston. For now, though, coach Sean Payton isn't saying anything to discourage the former Illinois defensive tackle, who now lines up at end in the Saints' 3-4 scheme.
"We try to talk about our past track record, and that we have had a number of players make this team that weren't necessarily drafted," Payton said.  "These players coming out now are very smart about the depth chart, about the roster and not making the decision over $2,500, prior to taxes,Cheap Jerseys Store, in signing bonus. They are really looking close at: 'Where can I make a team and where can I have a chance.' To his credit, fortunately for us, he chose us."
"He told me that I had a legitimate shot of making the team," Foster said. "Pierre Thomas, from Illinois... he's here on this team. I felt confident that I was able to fit into this 3-4 defense."
Time will tell if he can parlay that into productivity in games that count. The Saints have had other players shine in the preseason, only to disappear into obscurity. In 2009, receiver Rod Harper was the talk of camp when he returned two punts for touchdowns — including a 79-yarder — to go with five catches for 83 yards. He made the team, but was sidelined by a foot injury, then was cut during the 2010 preseason.
The 6-foot-4, 285-pound Foster said he was lured to New Orleans by phone calls from Payton himself, who reminded Foster of another former Fighting Illini player — running back Pierre Thomas — who made his club as an undrafted rookie in 2007.
Playing on the interior line at Illinois, Foster had four sacks and was credited with 11 tackles for losses during three college seasons.
"Definitely,Cheap NFL Jerseys Free Shipping," said Foster, who also has been credited with three quarterback hits and a forced fumble. "Whenever a free agent or anyone comes out and shows out like that, you always feel confident going into the next game that you can do more."
Foster called his three sacks, including a forced fumble, in two pro exhibitions "a surprise," but added that he never allowed the fact that he went undrafted erode his belief that he could make an NFL roster.
METAIRIE, La. (AP) — After registering three sacks in his first two NFL exhibitions, defensive lineman Glenn Foster likes his chances of becoming the latest undrafted rookie to make the New Orleans Saints' regular season roster.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-4-26 10:22 , Processed in 0.066942 second(s), 26 queries .