1萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2019-4-25 17:38:02 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
"Even though he didn't bring us that Vince Lombardi Trophy, he had a great run here and he deserves to be recognized for it," said Shawn Collins, a season ticketholder since the 1980s. "I know people expect us to boo because we have that rep, but Philly has way more class than we get credit for."
"Yeah, it was different," Reid said. "I was on the opposite side of the field than I normally am at. But I can't tell you that I was caught up in that part of it. It was probably good it was a short week,Super Bowl 53 Jerseys, probably not having time to think about the other things."
Reid led the Eagles to nine playoff appearances — seven with McNabb — six division titles, five NFC championship games and a loss in the 2005 Super Bowl. He was fired last New Year's Eve, a day after finishing 4-12.
Michael Vick owes his second chance to Reid, who resurrected the star quarterback's career after he missed two seasons while serving a prison sentence.
"I honestly haven't gone there. That's not how my mind works," he said. "I'm pretty simple with that. They don't care whether I think about them or don't think about them. Matter of fact,DeAndre Jordan Jersey, they'd probably be happy if I was thinking about them and get caught up in the emotions as opposed to thinking about them as a good football team. It's not about me. This isn't a one-man game."
Reid's gruff personality rubbed some people the wrong way in Philadelphia. Despite his record, he wasn't real popular among fans and he was subject to intense media criticism.
He left with a smile after the Chiefs beat the Eagles 26-16 to stay unbeaten at 3-0.
Brian Dawkins, who had his No. 20 retired by the Eagles last year, introduced McNabb to a rousing ovation from fans. Wearing a gray three-piece suit with a bright green tie and matching pocket square, McNabb waved to the crowd as he walked slowly to midfield.
"No. 5 will always love you," McNabb told the fans. "City of Brotherly Love,Nfl Jerseys Online Cheap, thank you."
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Big Red was back in Philly, wearing unfamiliar red colors and standing victorious on the opposite sideline.
Reid traded McNabb to Washington in 2010, but they remain close. McNabb, who officially retired this year, wanted Reid to be part of his special day.
"I wanted the person who was more than responsible for it,Cheap Jerseys From China, who took a chance on me and stuck with me for 11 years and had success with me (to be here)," McNabb said. "He played such a major part, not just on the football field but off the football field, too. Being together 11 years and the success we had together,Cheap Hockey Jerseys, I don't think anyone could forget the times that we had."
"I love Donovan," Reid said. "I think he's a great person and a great football player. I was very fortunate to have a lot of guys like that. We weren't able to do what we did there without Donovan McNabb."
Reid quickly landed in Kansas City and the Chiefs already have matched their win total from last year. Kelly replaced him in Philadelphia, bringing his up-tempo offense and tons of excitement.
A group tailgating in the parking lot planned an "Andy! Andy! Andy!" chant, and a few fans held signs supporting Reid. One read: "Big Red still bleeds green!"
Typically,Blake Swihart Jersey, the placid Reid didn't sound nostalgic about his return.
Andy Reid returned to a standing ovation Thursday night at the stadium where he led the Philadelphia Eagles to some of their greatest victories. Reid received a warm welcome from a sellout crowd at the Linc when he led the Kansas City Chiefs onto the field minutes before kickoff.
"Coach Reid is a father-figure to me," Jackson said. "He's a great guy. I respect him to the utmost, but hopefully I'll be able to send him home with a loss."
"I think people don't realize how good of a person that he was," McCoy said. "I think to the media he showed a different type of person, and to the players he was something else. He was a guy that made jokes and kind of got the best out of all of the players. No matter how bad things were going for the team, he always found a way to motivate us and get us to play. We definitely miss him, but it's a business."
Fittingly, Reid's homecoming took place the night the Eagles retired Donovan McNabb's No. 5. Reid drafted McNabb with the second overall pick in 1999, and the coach-quarterback duo turned the Eagles into one of the NFL's elite teams for a decade.
His players, however, loved him.

Reid stays in touch with some of his former players, including LeSean McCoy and DeSean Jackson. Both players are off to sensational starts in Kelly's system after dismal years under Reid last season.
Reid exchanged handshakes with Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie and coach Chip Kelly during pregame warmups, and got a hug from injured Eagles receiver Jeremy Maclin.
"He's a great man. He's a great friend," Vick said. "I'm definitely going to stay in touch with him, probably for the rest of my life. Andy Reid will go down in history in my book as one of the greatest coaches of all time and one of the greatest men I've ever met."
Some of the same fans who chanted "Fire Andy" during a game in 2011 and desperately wanted him gone last year cheered Reid, showing their appreciation for the 14 mostly successful seasons he had in Philadelphia.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-1 18:10 , Processed in 0.076544 second(s), 28 queries .