1萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2019-5-7 09:01:19 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
"In my eyes, I'm getting prepared to play. As long as I play well, then I'm the one on the field," he said.
Frazier spoke with Cassel and Ponder in the morning and said neither player expressed concern to him about Freeman's arrival.
"What happened down in Tampa is none of my business at all," Vikings GM Rick Spielman said.
"I think Christian still has a bright future here with our football team. It may not look like that on the surface, but Christian's a professional," Frazier said. "He's going to work as hard as he can every day to prepare,Cheap Air Max 720, get back on the field and help our team win."
Ponder said he felt "very little pain, if any" while throwing in practice. He also said he's not sure what to think about this latest bold move by Spielman.
The Vikings (1-3) signed the 25-year-old Freeman four days after he was cut by Tampa Bay in a long,Cheap Rams Jerseys For Sale, drawn-out split between a franchise and a player that was once viewed as a cornerstone.
Just when he will take over as the starting quarterback is still unclear.
Freeman wasn't interested in revisiting any of that on Monday night, preferring to look forward to his new team.
"Right when I heard I got cut, it was kind of, 'I want to get back in there right away,'" Freeman said. "In all honesty, from the standpoint of a career move, something that I really liked about the Vikings is they've got a guy. They've got a situation where I can come in and learn the system.
Since handing Ponder the job six games into his rookie year, to replace an ineffective Donovan McNabb, the Vikings have given the Florida State grad every opportunity to develop into a franchise cornerstone.
He produced some solid performances during a 10-6 season in 2012 that put the Vikings in the playoffs, but there were just as many ugly ones.
Bucs coach Greg Schiano benched Freeman after he struggled in the first three games and a back-and-forth followed that included the NFLPA looking into whether the Bucs leaked information about Freeman being in the league's substance abuse program.

The Vikings didn't just sign him for depth, though. They're trying to save the season after losing their first three games, and they also need someone to count on for the future.
Ponder was the 12th overall pick in the quarterback-deep 2011 draft, chosen ahead of Cincinnati's Andy Dalton and San Francisco's Colin Kaepernick after Brett Favre retired for good and Tarvaris Jackson was let go.
"He's a big quarterback with a strong arm that can do a lot of good things at all levels of the field," Spielman said.
Beyond Sunday's game against Carolina, well,Patriots Jersey Super Bowl 53, there's no guarantee for anyone.
Though Freeman agreed to a prorated $3 million deal for only the rest of the year, these next three months will be a feeling out process for both sides in advance of the free agent market.
"One thing you can expect in the NFL: expect the unexpected," Cassel said. "Because every week it changes. You never know what's going to happen. I learned that over time. This is my ninth year now."
Vikings coach Leslie Frazier said that struggling third-year quarterback Christian Ponder will start on Sunday against Carolina if his injured ribs will allow it. If he is still too sore coming off two weeks of rest, backup Matt Cassel will get the nod.
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. (AP) — Josh Freeman is out of the messy situation in Tampa Bay and happy to land in Minnesota, where Adrian Peterson and the Vikings offense eagerly await.
Ponder, whose record as a starter is 12-17, expressed defiance toward the doubt about his status.
"You're always trying to find guys who you think can help your team win, and we think he's one of those guys," Frazier said.
"My main focus was where can I go to really better myself," he said. "I wanted a good environment and I got that in Minnesota."
The decision on the starter won't come until later in the week once Ponder's health is evaluated,Cheap NHL Jerseys From China, Frazier said. The decision to bring in Freeman, though, was a signal of wavered faith in Ponder, even if he has more chances to play this year.
Frazier and Spielman were vague when talking about Freeman's immediate future and Ponder's status. Both said Ponder has "a bright future" with the team, but it's hard to see how that is possible now.
"If they call for me and need me to play, that's one thing. But it's an opportunity to kind of pump the brakes. It's been pretty crazy the past few weeks and just really get back to the reason we're all here and that's playing football."
"We'll see what happens. It's their decision, not my decision," Ponder said. "Obviously I can control how I play."
Keeping Cassel in the lineup on Sunday would hardly be a controversial or deceptive decision. The 31-year-old gave a sputtering offense a spark with two touchdowns and 248 yards passing without a turnover in the win in London over Pittsburgh on Sept. 29 and there will be little patience from the home crowd for Ponder.
"I don't think there's a quarterback in the game of football that doesn't think they'd be a good fit for this offense," Freeman said on Monday night after passing a physical and signing his one-year deal.
This was the only definitive word from Frazier: there's not enough time for Freeman to learn the offense and play against the Panthers.
While the Vikings lost their first three games, Ponder had seven turnovers and a paltry 65.9 passer rating. That's ahead of only three players with enough qualifying attempts: Eli Manning, Freeman and Blaine Gabbert.
Even Frazier acknowledged,Vans Old Skool Wholesale, though,Stitched NFL Jerseys Outlet, the question about whether Ponder will play another game for the Vikings. He has one year remaining on his contract, calling for a base salary for 2014 of a little more than $1.76 million.
Freeman has struggled mightily at times, too, but his best games and seasons have been better than Ponder's so far.
"On the surface, he'd question that. He's human. I'm sure he has at times, but he just has to continue to work and work as hard as he can," Frazier said. "And I think things will work out fine for Christian in the long term."
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-4-27 10:33 , Processed in 0.086980 second(s), 28 queries .