1萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2019-5-8 09:12:28 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Although Smith potentially could get caught in some mismatches with quicker players while trying to cover short passes, the veteran defender has maintained that talk of his transition to a new position is overblown.
Smith's sack of Oakland starter Matt Flynn last Friday night came on what Payton said was a tackle-end stunt, in which the tackle slants wide to rush on the edge and the end cuts behind the tackle toward the inside.
Smith said he's lost about 10 pounds,Wholesale China Jerseys Free Shpping, down to around 268, to handle some of the outside linebacker duties which will be new to him. Some of his longtime teammates think the new look suits Smith.
Payton said Smith still "plays the point of attack well. ... For the handful of snaps that he ends up in space, I think he's becoming more comfortable with that."
Drafted 18th overall by New Orleans in 2004, Smith lined up as a defensive end, with his hand on the ground,Cheap Shoes China, in a 4-3 front.
This season, he sometimes lines up standing upright,Al Horford Jersey, and sometimes gets down in a three-point stance as a traditional end might.
METAIRIE, La. (AP) — When the Saints' Will Smith burst through the line for his first sack of this preseason, he was lined up at the defensive end spot he's played the first nine years of his career, not at his new outside linebacker spot.
Smith's career-high in sacks came in 2009, when he had 13 in helping the Saints to their only Super Bowl title. He has not has as many as seven sacks in a season since, but said that's in part because opponents' blocking schemes accounted for him more during the past few seasons,Fj?llr?ven K?nken Sverige, when he had to take on numerous double-teams.
That doesn't mean the Saints are leaning toward making Smith a lineman again, coach Sean Payton said, but does mean the club will routinely play to Smith's established strengths as a pass rusher in its new 3-4 defense.
Notes: The Saints waived OT Jason Smith,Wholesale Adidas Shoes China, a 2009 second overall pick of the St. Louis Rams who'd signed with New Orleans as a free agent with the hope of competing with 2010 second-round pick Charles Brown and rookie third-round pick Terron Armstead at left tackle. Brown is now working with the first team and Armstead with the second team. ... FB Jed Collins (undisclosed), LB Chris Chamberlain (knee), and LB Jon Vilma (knee) were not at practice. ... WR Marques Colston (foot), G Jahri Evans and OLB Junior Galette (left leg) were on the practice field for stretching but sat out drills. It was not clear if Evans had any soreness or was getting some rest.
"Now I'm mostly just a pass rusher up against tight ends and running backs," Smith said. "It makes it a lot easier for me to pass rush and do a lot of things I do well."
"If you take any one of these teams that are in a 3-4 front (three linemen, four linebackers), the minute you get into your (substitution) packages, these outside linebackers generally become ends in the pass rush," Payton said.
"I'm going to be rushing the passer, I'm going to be playing the run," Smith continued. "For the most part, I'm going to be doing the same thing I've always done and that's why I said it wasn't that big of a transition."
"I like the slim-and-trim Will. I've seen him with his shirt off. He looks good," safety Roman Harper said. "He's playing fast. He's still getting a lot of pressure up front. He's still going to be Will. He's still going to be able to put his hand down and get a lot of pressure and he's still going to be stout against the run, and he thinks he's athletic enough to play the pass, so there we go."
"The majority of the time I'm rushing the passer," Smith said. "Every now and then I drop back in coverage and try to guard those speedsters,Rams Throwback Jersey 2019, but I don't do that much and I do what I've been doing the last nine years.
For Smith, that play would be "very similar to what he's done for the last (nine) years," Payton said. "That was very familiar to him."
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-2 09:16 , Processed in 0.069343 second(s), 28 queries .