1萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2019-5-18 02:09:06 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Only a handful of starters played as both coaches took a long look at players further down the depth chart.
Jones admitted he made "some really bad decisions."
"It was just errant throws — it happens,Danny Ainge Jersey," Jones said.
The reviews were mixed.
"Hopefully, we can separate the guys who don't belong and we can correct that over the next 48 hours," Tomlin said in advance of NFL's looming roster cuts to 53 players on Saturday.
The 28-year-old Ginn is earning himself a home in Carolina, catching five passes for 149 yards and two touchdowns to lift the Panthers to a 25-10 preseason win over the Pittsburgh Steelers on Thursday night.
Rookie quarterback Landry Jones started and played the entire game for the Steelers, completing 16 of 35 passes for 189 yards with one touchdown and three interceptions. After throwing a 13-yard touchdown pass to tight end David Paulson on Pittsburgh's opening drive,Wholesale Shoes China Free Shipping, Jones couldn't get the Steelers back in the end zone on their next 13 possessions.
Rivera was pleased with his team's overall play,Patriots Jersey Super Bowl 53, including the defense which had three turnovers.
Anderson did that twice in the first half, including finding Ginn on a seam route for a 35-yard touchdown pass on the game's opening drive. Ginn then raced by Pittsburgh's DaMon Cromartie-Smith and Curtis Brown for an 87-yard touchdown catch.
The Steelers' starting offensive line played for two series, but all of their primary skill players were given the night off, including Ben Roethlisberger, Isaac Redman and Antonio Brown.
The Panthers finished the preseason with 13 takeaways in four games.
Tauren Poole got the start at running back and ran for 32 yards on 10 carries, while Armond Smith had 43 yards on 17 carries.

In a game devoid of star power, Derek Anderson completed 10 of 15 passes for 220 yards, including TD strikes of 87 and 35 yards to Ginn, who is looking to re-establish himself in the league after being run out of Miami and San Francisco.
Rivera rested Newton and company despite the fact Carolina's first-team offense had only scored one offensive touchdown in the preseason.
"I came out and saw the safety take a bad angle right away and Ted's so fast that I just gave him a chance," Anderson said. "I don't think you can actually overthrow him."
After placing Jonathan Stewart on the physically unable to perform list earlier this week,Cheap Shoes For Sale China, the Panthers went into the game looking for a potential backup for DeAngelo Williams.
"It was great just going out and finishing the preseason with a bang,Cheap Air Max 720 UK," said Ginn, whose 74-yard punt return sparked Carolina's 34-27 win over Baltimore last week. "I'm happy I was able to show my team what I have."
Earlier in the week Rivera scoffed at the idea the Panthers offense had "struggled" in the preseason, instead saying he liked the way the team was moving the ball "but we just need to put the ball in the end zone."
Steelers coach Mike Tomlin was a little more critical of his reserves.
He did well avoiding the pass rush he seemed to struggle as the game progressed throwing three second-half interceptions, including one in the red zone. His best play came in the second quarter when he escaped a pass rush and threaded the needle by hitting Derek Moye on the run with a 32-yard completion.
The Steelers drafted Jones in the fourth round giving them another option at quarterback for the often-injured Roethlisberger.
CHARLOTTE,Super Bowl 53 Jerseys, N.C. (AP) — Ted Ginn Jr. is proving coach Ron Rivera is right — he can still blow the top off a defense.
The Panthers rested almost their entire starting offense, as well, including Cam Newton. The only big play Newton made all night was wearing a bold pair of neon-green sneakers that stood out like a beacon on Carolina's sidelines.
"I just wanted to go out there and play to the best of my abilities, and obviously, I didn't do that tonight," Jones said. "There's a lot of football (game film) out there to watch, and I've got all day tomorrow to get it done."
"The thing that showed is we have some good young backups," Rivera said. "We got an opportunity to see those guys play today and they played well against a very physical, very tough Pittsburgh Steelers team."
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-4-27 07:26 , Processed in 0.085660 second(s), 28 queries .