帖子

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-3-9 05:38:45 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
By Dwijendra RooplallAfter reading the headline of this feature many of you may be questioning “What Christmas? Is that even conceivable?” Some may even say that combining the words ‘vegetarian’ and Christmas can be classified as an oxymoron.The culture of Christmas is to celebrate the festivity of the season with family and friends surrounded by lots of food, the centerpiece of which is chicken, turkey or some other form of meat. Even though my entire home circle are vegetarians,Andre Tippett Patriots Jersey UK, the festive observations in my home are the same as in any other. We enjoy every sumptuous meal synonymous with this occasion including pepperpot, cakes etc. The only difference is that we replace meat with other forms of proteins such as beans, chunks, paneer or other meat substitutes.As a matter of fact, Christmas is my home is ushered in gorging on pepperpot chunks.Vegetarian pepperpot in my opinion is hands down one of the most sumptuous meals that one can consume and something that I look forward to partaking in.Its preparation is similar to that of its meat counterpart. The only difference is that instead of using meat, the pepperpot is created utilizing an array of vegan products, such as mushrooms, an assortment of chunks and a combination of spices that when combined is simply splendid.On Christmas Eve, an assortment of meals are prepared in our home which include lasagna, vegetarian pizza, samosa and homemade bread along with Ginger beer.The preparations of these dishes follow the same pattern as their meat counterparts except that vegan products are substituted. So instead of layering the Lasagna with meat,Johnny Gaudreau Team North America Jersey, we use chunks, and for pizzas there are lot of options such as vegan ham, pepperoni flavored chunks or just plain assorted vegetables and anchor vegetarian cheese.A vegetarian lifestyle is truly a different and unique one that has numerous benefits,Saku Koivu Canadiens Jersey, and contrary to popular opinion is not just limited to “grass.” I have friends who say to me,Earl Campbell Texas Jersey, “man what kind of life you live… all you eat is dhal and rice and Bhaji.” I am usually very tolerant of such statements because I am cognizant that my friends are unaware of the multitude of options  available to vegetarians to consume.The markets for vegetarian products have grown exponentially form the days when there wasn’t much being offered except one standard size of chunks.   One can now go to almost any reputable supermarket and find a whole corner dedicated to vegetarian products.Research over the years has shown that a vegetarian diet has several significant benefits. Persons who choose a vegetarian diet are at a lower risk of developing heart disease,Cheap Tennessee Vols Jerseys, colorectal, ovarian,New York Mets Yoenis Cespedes Jersey, and breast cancers, diabetes, obesity and hypertension (high blood pressure) among other things.So as you celebrate Christmas 2013,realize  that there is a sumptuous alternative out there for this season and beyond should one want to explore it.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-4-28 13:50 , Processed in 0.084941 second(s), 28 queries .