9萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-3-13 08:40:55 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Although the doctor at the centre of a reported botched abortion in Berbice that resulted in a patient’sDead: Kamili Arjunedeath is currently not allowed to practice in the Public Health sector, Chief Medical Officer (CMO), Dr Shamdeo Persaud, yesterday expressed uncertainty about whether the doctor is still practicing privately.“I really wouldn’t be able to say at this point,Jerseys NFL Wholesale China,” said Dr Persaud of the doctor. “I didn’t see the Medical Council issue anything contrary but I know we have placed him on leave. He cannot work at this period of time in the public sector.”According to Dr Persaud, the move by the Regional Health Authority to send the doctor off on administrative leave “is the limit of our jurisdiction. The Medical Council has to adjudicate on any other practice licence,” he said. As CMO, Dr Persaud is a member of the Medical Council.But while Dr Persaud is hoping that the doctor under investigation is not practising at his private clinic. He added that the offence under investigation is not one that was committed in a public institution but rather at the doctor’s private clinic.“We still took the necessary action,” said Dr Persaud who noted that the doctor has since sent a response to the Ministry of Health regarding the accusation levelled against him through his lawyer.“This process is taking time but I hope that it will be thorough and we can come up with the best action,” said Dr Persaud.Twenty-two-year-old Kamili Arjune was the patient who died on Good Friday after being attended to at the Dr Rahaman’s Clinic in Port Mourant, Berbice.According to Dr Persaud,NFL Jerseys Outlet From China, among the breaches is the fact that the doctor in question was not licensed to perform the abortion. Neither was his private clinic certified to conduct the medical termination of pregnancy.Another breach,NFL Jerseys Outlet, he said,Authentic NFL Jerseys Wholesale China, was the fact that the doctor had not reported the woman’s death within the stipulated 24 hours.Dr Persaud had said that it is required by law that once a pregnancy related death occurs it should be reported to his office. “Any woman who dies during any stage of pregnancy or up to 42 days after delivery, must be reported to the relevant authority (the CMO’s office),NFL Jerseys Supply,” said Dr Persaud as he related, that it is expected that such deaths within Regions Two, Three, Four, Five, Six and Ten must be reported within 24 hours. While those that occur in the hinterland regions must be reported within 72 hours.According to Dr Persaud he first learnt of the matter after it was reported in this newspaper.Commenting on the recent death of an 11-month-old boy in Port Kaituma, he said that an investigation is ongoing to a point where it is at the level of a Child Health Committee. However,Cheap NFL Jerseys Supply, he was not in a position, yesterday, to confirm if a report concerning the death of the child was sent to his office. “I don’t think we got any documents from Port Kaituma. So I can’t just say somebody say this and go ahead.“I have to get from them (Port Kaituma Hospital) all the documents then we can do a comprehensive review and that is why these things take a little while and it isn’t always easy to get all of the relevant information,Jerseys NFL Wholesale China Online,” disclosed Dr Persaud.He assured that the case is gaining keen attention and it is likely that within the next week or two that it is likely that documentation will be available to fast track the investigation.He informed too that the parents of the child has not filed a complaint with is office to emphasise their concern about their son’s death. The cause of the child’s death has been recorded as pneumonia.He said that in recent days “they weren’t able to convene too many meetings because a lot of the (medical personnel) are otherwise engaged.”  Dr Persaud has however promised to consult with Head of the Ministry of Health’s Maternal and Child Health Unit, Dr Janice Woolford, on the case.Robin Albert and Onica Atkinson, parents of the child are not taking their son’s death lightly. They are calling for a thorough investigation. The child was initially diagnosed with a heavy cold. He died while awaiting a medical evacuation to Georgetown.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-4-29 10:35 , Processed in 0.077707 second(s), 28 queries .