10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-3-22 02:53:45 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
– colleagues manage to swim ashorePolice on the West Coast of Berbice are investigating the circumstances that led to the drowning of a 40-year-old sluice operator attached to the Mahaica-Mahaicony-Abary/Agriculture Development Authority (MMA/ADA).The body of Berkeley Hollingsworth was pulled from an irrigation canal in the predominantly rice farming area sometime around 10:10 hours yesterday.This was a few hours after a boat transporting him and two other workers encountered difficulties and sank.The two other workers managed to swim ashore but Hollingsworth,Mel Blount Steelers Jersey, who reportedly could not swim,Kevin Greene Steelers Jersey, was not so lucky.There are conflicting reports as to how the mishap occurred.One report stated that the bottom of the boat gave way causing it to sink, while another report suggested that the boat had turned over,Brian Poole Falcons Jersey, hurling the passengers into the water.The dead man’s reputed wife,Rocky Bleier Steelers Jersey, Andrea Archibald, told this newspaper that she was at work when she got a phone call from her mother.“My mother called me and told me to come home now,Ty Montgomery Packers Jersey, ‘yuh husband drown’,Eddie Lacy Packers Jersey,” Archibald told this newspaper.She said she immediately hurried home and then went to the Fort Wellington Hospital Mortuary where she confirmed her worst fear.According to Archibald,Lynn Swann Steelers Jersey, Hollingsworth left home as usual at around 06:00 hours yesterday but returned shortly after to leave his bicycle.He was then picked up by a vehicle attached to the MMA and was heading to a sluice to effect some repairs.But the woman is upset that no one from the agency that her husband had been working for has had the courtesy to tell her what transpired, although she met co-workers at the mortuary.“They (MMA officials) are not telling me anything. The police told me that my husband fell out of the boat. You are hearing all kinds of things,” Archibald said last night.She said that although MMA officials stated that the boat was equipped with life jackets,Ross Cockrell Steelers Jersey, she was made to understand that this was not so.“I feel very bad. I was there with them and they told me nothing about how my husband died,Reggie White Packers Jersey,” the woman lamented.Apart from his wife, Hollingsworth leaves to mourn one child.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-4-29 13:25 , Processed in 0.070255 second(s), 28 queries .