4萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-3-22 15:24:06 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
–    Toddler rescued by CCPA, now in the foster careAfter learning that her three-year-old son was taken into protective services by the Child Care and Protection Agency (CCPA), the mother of the child on Thursday came forth to confess that she had indeed left the toddler with her 74-year-old father but further stated that she is currently in no position to claim him.CCPA rescued the child on Tuesday evening after officials of the agency responded to a hotline report which indicated that the young child was left alone in an untidy Charlotte Street residence, playing with a knife. The agency had then made a call for the mother so that genealogical information could be obtained.The woman who blames herself for the situation told Kaieteur News “I was supposed to be there for him but I was too late. I can’t collect him now until I have a stable home and proper job. I want him back but for now this is the best way.”The 20-year-old mother conveyed bitter-sweet sentiments as she explained the life circumstances which forced her to abandon her son when he was merely three months old. The young mother expressed sheer joy at the reality which her son will now embrace as he was saved from the unhealthy and ill-fitting conditions under which he previously lived.After what the woman said was bit of apprehension, she came forth with all the child’s documents. She explained that her desire to have her child know her won over her fear of being imprisoned. She stated that despite the negativity and harsh words spoken to her by some, she feels it is imperative for her son to understand that she loves him but could not have done better.The toddler’s mother said that she had left him in her father’s care since he was three months old because she had no other person to take care of him. The mother told Kaieteur News that she resides at a different location but could not take the baby with her because no one would have been at home during the day to overlook the child.The mother stated that she was always unhappy with the situation in which the child was being raised but could not have done any better for him.Perhaps echoing the wishes of David Dabydeen’s “Coolie Mother” the mother told Kaieteur News that she wants her son to grow up knowing who she is,Authentic NFL Jerseys Wholesale China, that she is supportive and only wants him to be educated. The woman said “They come and rescue my son, not take him away. They did the best thing for him. I am not fit to take care of him right now but I will try to be.”The woman explained that the last time she saw her son was on his birthday (October 20, 2013) when her father told her that they (he and the boy) will all have to move out of the house. She then planned on collecting her son. Little did she know that her son would have been the subject of a complaint lodged to CCPA about a neglected child who was left home alone by a drunken grandfather.The officer who rescued the child told Kaieteur News that she is surprised that the mother came forth for her child and they commend her for this. The officer said that the woman has been very cooperative with the agency as they are currently drawing out an improvement plan for the young lady’s life which would include instructions on care practices and self-improvement.Officers of the CCPA told KaieteurNews that they will be working with both mother and child with hopes that eventualy the woman can reclaim her baby. They highlighted that she is a young mother and that they are very willing to work with her.The officers state that the mother is not currently in a position to take responsibility for the toddler so he was placed in one of their foster care facilities. They highlighted that the child needs that sort of care because he was in an impoverished home for a long while.The young mother advises other mothers to stay home, look after their kids and further instructed that they should not neglect their children. She says that mothers should try their best to take care of their children.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-2 08:19 , Processed in 0.083664 second(s), 28 queries .