10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-3-28 18:22:55 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
… to facilitate audit by int’l firmGRA Commissioner-General Khurshid SattaurActing Deputy Commissioner-General,Mike Hart Michigan Jersey, Ingrid GriffithAfter 12 years as Commissioner-General, Khurshid Sattaur,Gorgui Dieng Louisville Jersey, was yesterday sent on leave with immediate effect.A unanimous decision was made by the Governing Board of Directors of the Guyana Revenue Authority to send Commissioner Sattaur on vacation leave with immediate effect yesterday following a meeting that Sattaur attended.Public Relations Manager,Ben Simmons LSU Jersey, Melissa Baird, said that the move was made to facilitate an upcoming comprehensive forensic audit of the agency by a reputable international firm.As Commissioner General,Kirk Cousins Michigan State Jersey, Sattaur over the past 12 years accumulated vacation leave time of more than 200 days. Authorities will now organize for the audit of the Authority.Taking on his duties in his absence is Acting Deputy Commissioner-General Ingrid Griffith.Efforts by Kaieteur News to get a comment from Miss Griffith proved futile as she was said to be in meetings.Sattaur was at work yesterday and left after the decision was made. “He was informed in a respectful way…It’s a transition period.”Sources at GRA said that Sattaur,Jabrill Peppers Michigan Jersey, whose contract was renewed,Willis McGahee Miami Jersey, is also a candidate for additional leave after he returns. This would extend beyond his employment contract period.Since taking office, government has launched several forensic audits to determine the health of its State agencies and several heads have been sent on leave. In this particular case GRA has been under a cloud for leaking sensitive tax information and not doing enough to collect taxes.Accusations were that there is deep corruption within the agency. When Kaieteur News contacted Sattaur he confirmed that he was indeed sent on leave.“I have accepted it in good faith even though I was very much tarnished in the run up to elections. I expected it even though the current Government when in opposition had issues with me yet I had faith that things would be different from this administration. I guess I was wrong.” Sattaur added that he has sacrificed and turned down “many overseas postings and offered to serve my country but if you have people who don’t believe I deserve the job there is nothing that I can do. If this is how Guyanese believe I should be treated so be it.”“I am proud of my record of serving presidents spanning 30 years from Arthur Chung, Burnham, Hoyte, Cheddi,Wholesale Jerseys USA, Janet,Reggie Wayne Miami Jersey, Sam Hinds,Kobe Bryant Lower Merion Jersey, Jagdeo, Donald to our current President with distinction. Now if the board believes that I need a rest then I think I need a rest too.He added that he had major health problems including heart issues yet he stayed in Guyana and served with distinction.Sattaur also told this publication that as a Guyana scholar under the Burnham tenure he must thank Burnham. He made it clear that as a patriot he wants to “let the nation know that I have given up three quarters of my life for it.Sattaur who sounded much shaken by the move further noted, “I intend to remain on leave until I’m recalled or not. No further comment.” (Mondale Smith)
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-1 10:53 , Processed in 0.073611 second(s), 26 queries .