4萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-9-5 16:26:03 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
By Leon SuseranThe Region 6 Administration is being accused of failing to keep a promise to a resident whose fence and drainage infrastructure were destroyed by the Port Mourant Neighbourhood Democratic Council (NDC) on November 23. Another resident had her concrete bridge destroyed by a Bobcat machine, too.  After the article was published in this newspaper’s November 25 edition, the Chairman, Mr. David Armogan investigated the matter and found that the NDC was culpable for the damages. Speaking to this newspaper via telephone, Mr. Armogan said that he will instruct the NDC to effect repairs to the damaged bridge, fence and drainage structure, and that the NDC should have notified the resident before embarking on a damage rampage.Another resident whose concrete bridge was destroyedNarine, a retired teacher residing in Georgetown turned up to his Lot 17, 2ND Street Tain, Port Mourant house that day and saw immense infrastructural damage to his bridge; pipelines ripped out and damaged security fencing. He is accusing the Johns/Port Mourant Neighbourhood Democratic Council (NDC) of going on a rampage, destroying his property. A concrete bridge of another resident in the area was also allegedly destroyed by a hymac belonging to the NDC.After the publication, Narine spoke highly of the officials who responded to him. He said that the “Chairman of the Works Committee at Tain, Port Mourant NDC apologized and he told me that he had to deal with over 30 cases of damages inclusive of destruction of lighting,Purdue Boilermakers Jerseys, meter, water lines, destruction of bridges.”  Residents without water and lights,” he added, “had to be reconnected.“I asked him [the NDC Chairman of Works] why he doesn’t remove the driver. He will have an emergency meeting with all the operators,” he said.“He [Armogan] said the operator and NDC are at fault for causing so much destruction knowing that they should not have done what they did. They should have sent me a letter or a note or contact me. Whenever they are digging drains in front of residents, they must have the residents at home. He said that he will see that the NDC repair his stuff,” he said a few weeks ago.To date, no repairs have been done and a frustrated Narine has put his property for sale and abandoned Berbice. He says he has been chased out of the region.He was furious yesterday while speaking to this newspaper. “Every Sunday or on holidays I would journey to Berbice with workmen to build and repair the building. I like the building because of the shape of the roof, etc. as of todayt, I have spent in excess of $3,000,000 on repairs, adding on a large verandah; installing toilet and bath; building sheds around the building; putting up security fence, etc.”Narine added that indeed it was hard work, “only to arrive on November 24 and see damages to my security fence; my wooden bridge; the pipe I had below the bridge—all destroyed!”Narine standing next to his destroyed bridge, drains and pipes in November“At first, I thought that with the intervention of the Regional Chairman, things would be resolved, but I now realize that whatever discussion I had with him was just a big joke!”He went on to state that, “I did not deserve to be treated like a piece of garbage. I later spoke to the Overseer who blamed the hymac operator. When I spoke to the Chairman of Works of the NDC, he blamed the operator that they should have notified me about proposed works in the area. They knew of my presence at the place every Sunday. There is a post box in front of my yard. Leave a correspondence! I would have received it and know what to do!”“Whatever done to my property has broken my heart! And I have lost the interest of wanting to reside in Berbice. Presently, there is a ‘For Sale’ sign on the property, all because I have no respect for the Regional Administration in Berbice,” he stated.He said that there are many things politicians can do and fool the people. “because they have the strength to do what they can do.” “Only in Guyana can these things happen!” he complained.“So now I am turning my back on the Ancient County and returning to live in Georgetown,” he said.When contacted yesterday, Mr. Armogan was quite surprised that the man’s place was not repaired by the NDC. He said that he will check with them on Monday.Armogan had said that even if the residents had breached building and construction regulations, the NDC had no right to go and embark on a destruction rampage on the community.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-4-29 16:49 , Processed in 0.067744 second(s), 26 queries .