4萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-12-8 10:03:07 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
(By Mondale Smith)New York City cop, Guyana-born Randolph Holder gunned down by a bicycle thief/career criminal in Harlem, will be laid to rest on home soil following his funeral services in New York. Emotions are boiling in New York especially amongst the boysThe late Randolph Holderand girls in blue,Jerseys NFL Wholesale, New York Police Department (NYPD) cops, family and friends, the Mayor and most of the New York community about his killing. His remains are due to arrive in Guyana next Thursday,China NFL Jerseys, accompanied by some 20 NYPD officers.In Guyana, Elisabeth Lovell, his grandmother, 74, is depressed in her Agricola home, still in disbelief that her ‘Randy’ is no more.“I don’t know what I will do, but as it is, I’m in and out of bed. It’s like a bad dream that I wish I could wake up from,” she said fighting her emotions.The grandmother along with his younger sibling Kellon is planning Holder’s last rites and life celebration on the local shores.“He was a Catholic so I have made arrangements for his funeral service to be held at the Brickdam Cathedral.”Ultimately, Holder’s internment will be above the tomb of his late mother, Melrose Esme Lovell,Jerseys NFL Wholesale, who lost her battle with cancer at age 38.“When his mum found out that she had cancer she told me: ‘Mommy, I want you to take care of my boys for me’ and I did just that.”Randolph was 16 and his brother was seven at the time. Although they intermittently got help from relatives,Cheap Jerseys, their main means of survival was her Government pension.The grandmother in whose care Holder was entrusted until he migrated to his father, said, “We didn’t have it easy after my daughter passed away but he was a trained child. Despite his hardships he remained focused.”At age 19, fire destroyed their Lot 17 Durban Street home leaving Holder, his grandmother and his younger sibling with nothing but the clothes on their backs. They were then taken in by an aunt on Hadfield Street, Georgetown.“He wrote exams at Dolphin and when he got Christ Church he was overjoyed the same way he was when he sat the CXC exams and did well too.”The body of Police Officer Randolph Holder is brought to the Jerimiah Gaffney Funeral Home in Far Rockaway.The woman recalled how disappointed Holder was on his first attempt to be issued his visa to go live with his father in America but one year later he was successful at age 20.  There after they shared many telephone conversations and when he joined the NYPD five years ago his grandmother was overjoyed.“He came back to Guyana on vacation about six times and no matter who offered he a place to stay he always stayed with me and we would laugh and talk about his girlfriends and everything else,Wholesale NFL Jerseys,” she said.Holder who migrated to the US 12 years ago,Cheap Jerseys From China, was engaged just over a year ago to US based Guyanese Mary Muhammad whom he met while they were students at Christ Church Secondary School.Meanwhile JetBlue Airways says it will offer free flights for police officers who want to attend the funeral in Guyana.The company dubbed it an honor to help shuttle officers wishing to pay tribute to a fallen comrade.Holder was shot in the head Tuesday evening as he responded to calls of shots fired and a bicycle stolen at gunpoint. Holder and his partner chased the suspect,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, who opened fire.Police Commissioner William Bratton in New York said at a news conference Wednesday that funeral arrangements for Officer Randolph Holder were still being finalized.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-4-27 06:03 , Processed in 0.068843 second(s), 28 queries .