2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-12-14 19:43:26 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
The 5-foot-9, 223-pound Davis was considered a likely candidate to jump to the NFL — Gamecocks coach Steve Spurrier said as much several times this offseason — with a similarly strong season.
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — South Carolina's Mike Davis believes he's ready to start having the season he and many others expected from him when the year began.
And South Carolina is a team with a banged up offense.
"I'll just try and play my best and lay (it) on the line for my teammates," he said. "As long as we win and it's productive, I don't care what my stats are."
Davis was fourth in SEC rushing last fall. His 368 yards this season leave him ninth in the league this year, including behind Mississippi State quarterback Dak Prescott.
Spurrier said the Gamecocks wasted Davis' strong game by giving up two late touchdowns to Missouri over the final seven minutes. "We lost a lot of good statistics last week. Mike Davis had over 100 yards,NFL Jerseys China, had over 18 carries, and we ended up losing the game, which is the first time, I think, that's happened," he said.
Davis' slow start doesn't make him any less dangerous, Kentucky coach Mark Stoops said.
Davis felt strong and healthy in that one and believes he's close to regaining that form.
But Davis has been bothered by rib problems and a sore ankle through the first month. He said he feels healthier than he has all season as South Carolina (3-2, 2-2 SEC) heads to Kentucky (3-1, 1-1) on Saturday.
"Mike is just a very good football player,Wholesale Cheap Jerseys, always going forward.  Very difficult to tackle.  He's got everything you want in a running back, just the balance,Wholesale Jerseys, the speed,Wholesale Authentic NFL Jerseys, the vision," he said.
"It could be better without these nagging injuries," he said. "I'm doing OK, not great. But it's a team effort."
Davis acknowledge in August that if he performed the way he knew he could, the NFL was his next step.
He had just six carries for 15 yards in the season opening loss to Texas A&M before leaving the game with bruised ribs. In a win over Georgia with the Gamecocks looking to run out the clock, backup runner Brandon Wilds got the bulk of carries (four rushes to Davis' one) on the game-clinching series. While Davis broke the century mark against Missouri, a large chunk of it came in the second quarter when he had his only three runs of 10 yards or more.
Davis hopes he'll start showing all that again this weekend against the Wildcats. He ran for 106 yards and two touchdowns in a 35-28 win over Kentucky last year,Cheap Jerseys Supply, a game better remembered for NFL No. 1 pick Jadeveon Clowney drawing Spurrier's anger for pulling himself out with an injury a short time before kickoff.
Instead, the younger brother of former Clemson 1,000-yard rusher James Davis has gone missing at key points in games and gone down easier than he did before.
"I can tell you I feel better than I had a couple of weeks back," he said this week.
That's welcome news for a South Carolina team needing playmakers.
The Gamecocks are 11th in SEC points scored this season at 33 a game,NFL Jerseys From China. Quarterback Dylan Thompson missed Monday's practice with what Spurrier called a sprained neck. Top receiver Pharoh Cooper missed practice Monday and Tuesday because of a foot injury.
Both returned to work later in the week and are expected to play at Kentucky.
Davis showed signs of the player he was in 2013, putting up 104 yards rushing and a touchdown in the Gamecocks' 21-20 loss to Missouri last weekend. It just Davis' second game of 100 yards this season. He had seven such showings in South Carolina's opening nine games last fall and finished with 1,183 yards, the fourth highest single-season total in school history.
Davis called his season "shaky."
The Gamecocks' 1,000-yard rusher was one of the most dynamic backs in the Southeastern Conference a year ago, breaking tackles and breaking long runs to help his team go 11-2.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 10:16 , Processed in 0.049231 second(s), 26 queries .